Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Scheduler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:15 PM

I am running Windows XP Home-SP2
My task scheduler for disk clean up + defrag doesn't appear as it used to. Once I was able to just move my cursor over each task to see when it was last run+is scheduled to run again. That option has seemed to disappear!

Also, even tho I have disk clean up to run each week I still get prompted to start the program. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Task scheduler isn't going to do me any good if it doesn't perform properly. It's possible I have settings wrong in the "my computer" part of my system? Wrong box checked?

Please advise.
Thank you
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

I don't use it but I found this MS article that will help you with troubleshooting your problem
Mark
It says for VISTA but it should still apply
http://technet2.microsoft.com

Edited by garmanma, 30 August 2007 - 05:11 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

I appreciate your link, but, I'm still not able to view the history of my scheduled tasks.
Task scheduler is running, supposedly.
There is no history tab that I can find.
Also, that command prompt, schtasks/query/folist/v isn't recognized by my system.

I'm hoping that another member here that is using Windows XP Home-SP2 might be able to shed more light on this.

Thank you for trying to help at any rate!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users