Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jislani

Jislani

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

I'm new to the site and I've been having some problems with my computer and my solution to every problem that annoys me is to put it back to factory settings (which is a PITA). My sister recommended this site so that I can stop doing that. I have no idea about the inner working of a computer and I'm hoping that with talking to you guys, I won't need to do that again.

So thanks for all of your future help with my computer problems, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me a LOT.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hello Jislani, Welcome to Bleeping Computer
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

hi Jislani
welcome to b.c
hope you enjoy the forums :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

Restoring your computer to its original state certainly solves all sorts of problems, but then you have to reinstall everything else, re-update Windows patches, and pray you have saved everything important from the prior state.
Generally, you should only have to use this extreme method as a last resort.
You can count on learning a great amount of useful information about your computer here, much of which will prevent your having to restore it, and of course you can ask for help with any problem you might have from our friendly Members.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Hi, Jislani :thumbsup: to bleeping computer. Please take some time to read the New User Orientation.

There is also some great information in the Tutorials.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users