Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noise & Lines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jjoe

Jjoe

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

I'm starting to get a noise through my speakers, a series of beeps like I'm sending mores code our something, and lines appear across the monitor when this happens. I suspect my hard drive or prosseser is going bad. About 3 weeks ago I had a lightning strike burn out my computer line. It was surge protected. Any input on this. Thanks Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:07 AM

Sounds like you have a cellular telephone too close to your computer. The beeps sound like the identifier from the cell phone broadcasting (required by FCC) and the lines appearing on your monitor are the signal coming from the device the interference is coming from.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Jjoe

Jjoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

Yes I think you are right acklan. I moved it away a little bit ago and it seems alright.Boy I wish all fixes were that easy Thanks lol

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

:thumbsup: Me too.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

Watch out for this at school, if a teacher has speakers on and someone uses a cell phone, it's easy to get caught. Someone even messed up the auditorium speaker system at the local high school with a cell phone call. The interference screwed with the personal mikes on the actors, and no one could hear anything.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users