Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Web Based Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigger

bigger

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hi all! Okay, so for YEARS i have been obsessed with web design. I was sparked in a class where we used geocities, i played with their tools and such for a while. Then i went on to myspace to learn how simple codes can have huge effects. Now, i am learning HTML and taking to it really well. It's a LOT simpler than i thought.
In 1st grade i remember we had a class program where everybody had an animated desk they could personalize and play with themes. I cannot for the life of me recall the name of it though, and i would love to be able to create a similar program. I just want it to be a desk, with multiple animations and for it to be interactive. Have things like photo albums, calculators, calendars, notes, bulletin board, ect ect. I also want to be able to eventually incorperate it into a website to be used with email, chat, forum, ect.
Now, finally, my questions!
What would be the best language to use? Java?

Are there any recomended tutorials?

Is it even possible?

How hard is it going to be?

What programs would I need in order to do this?

Thanks in advance, KMPERRY

PS: time is not an issue!

Moved from the Networking Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 12 August 2007 - 10:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Verify

Verify

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Well, I personally think PHP is the best language for web design.. but that's just me. I would suggest you get a CMS. (content management systems) Compiled List of CMS's. Since you already know HTML, PHP will be much easier for you.
I suggest e107, but that's just me again. then just google, or wiki some guides. and thats about it. I also suggest you get a host that has PHP, and MySql support.

A good host is x10Hosting.

Hope it all works out. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users