Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail Receiving Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

I am running Vista Ultimate and am having a problem with my Windows Mail. When I check for new email, I receive (after a period of time) a message that my Pop 3 has timed out. I am offered the opportunity to check a box to wait but the same message comes up again. I am using Verizon for my DSL provider. If I go to Verizon Central and get my email that way it comes right in. After getting email that way, I can go back to Windows Mail and the email comes right in. I even set up another test message and it came through fine. The computer has just started doing this.

I would sure appreciate any and all ideas on how I can correct this problem.

Thanks,

JazzMahn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

I am running Vista Ultimate and am having a problem with my Windows Mail. When I check for new email, I receive (after a period of time) a message that my Pop 3 has timed out. I am offered the opportunity to check a box to wait but the same message comes up again. I am using Verizon for my DSL provider. If I go to Verizon Central and get my email that way it comes right in. After getting email that way, I can go back to Windows Mail and the email comes right in. I even set up another test message and it came through fine. The computer has just started doing this.

I would sure appreciate any and all ideas on how I can correct this problem.

Thanks,

JazzMahn

It sounds like you don't have your Windows Mail setup correctly (maybe). I can suggest two things: Verizon should have a place online that shows you how to setup your email. Make sure you've followed that. The other thing to try is: In Windows Mail, select tools, then accounts. Now select your email account then choose properties. Under the Servers tab try checking "My Server Requires Authentication". Hope this helps. I just checked the help section for Verizon and you need to check the "My Server Requires Authentication" box.

Edited by jjthenovice, 12 August 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for suggestions. Had previously tried them all. Got online with a Verizon Tech and we tried things for well over half an hour. Couldn't find out what was causing the problem. After hanging up, I went back to the furthest restore point I had. Ran the restore and now all is working well. I can't find where anything changed but it works and that is all I can care about until next time.

Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users