Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1394 And Audio Connectors On Front Panel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pix_Z

Pix_Z

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

I'm setting up my 1394 and audio connections from my case front panel to the mobo. My 1394 connection has one big connector labeled "1394." There are also some small separate connectors whose wires feed into the big 1394-labeled connector. The small connectors all have labels for the different signals like "TPA-", "Ground", "TPA+", "TPB-", etc. The audio is set up the same way--one big connector labeled "HD Audio", smaller connectors labeled things like "MIC_L", "GND", "Front_JD", etc. My guess is that for either the 1394 or the audio setup, I can use either the big connector or the set of individual ones. Can someone confirm this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:48 AM

Yes.

Some cards and mainboards only have the pinout header, others have both the header and the regular connectors.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users