Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nmindexingservice.exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 onlyforyou

onlyforyou

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

I want to permannentaly kill nmindexingservice.exe process. I belive it belongs to NeroIndexing and I want to disable it forever. Can anyone advise me how?
PS. In general seems that there are many usless processes like the one above always running killing my system( total processes right now are 82). May I know how to generate a log to post here for all processes so that I can get advise to rid for some make my system faster.
Also my system fan is always run at high speed and CPU use is always above 60% and Memory always greater than 800MB.
PC Config: Toshiba Teckra M5,Centrino Duo, 1.83GHz, 1GB Ram.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:17 AM

Hi, have a look at this link as it has a lot of info about running services http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
MCP
MSDST

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

Have you tried to go into the Task Manager and right click on the proccess and kill it from there. Disable or at least set it to manual start.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Sysinternal's free Process Explorer helps with this. It can be configured to show which company the process belongs to. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...ssExplorer.mspx

For controlling start-up processes, I think free WinPatrol is the most user friendly. Other great features as well: http://www.winpatrol.com/

For what I have learned about controlling processes, with web addresses of useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/ The "links" are not live. Copy and paste the URL's to your browser address box. No ads, no spyware, just info.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:12 AM

Since this appears to be a service that's running, try going to Start...Run...and typing in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and pressing Enter. Scroll down the list until you get to the Nero stuff. Right click on each one and select Properties - in the Properties dialog will be the path to launch the service. The one with nmindexingservice.exe is the one you want.

Then, click on the dropdown box to disable the service and click OK. On reboot the service should not start (although some programs may be able to restart it) - so check to make sure it stays off. If it doesn't, then we'll have to look deeper into the Nero program itself to fix this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Here's an interesting read on Nero Scout.
http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tas...IndexingService

You may consider disabling Scout as it is a resource hog.

Many of the programs bundled with Nero 7 Ultimate are unneccessary bloatware. You should seriously consider uninstalling Nero, running the Nero Cleantool, reinstalling and select "Custom installation" or whatever it is called. This time around just install what you know about and need.
http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/General_CleanTool.html

#7 FULLMOON_1

FULLMOON_1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

The following are some of the methods that you can use to disable the nmindexingservice.exe service:
Method 1: Disable Nero Scout from Start Menu
1.Open the Start menu and navigate to Nero Toolkit menu.
2.Start Nero Scout.
3.Clear the Enable Nero Scout checkbox.
4.Clear the Integrate Nero Scout in Windows Explorer checkbox.
These will stop Nero Scout from indexing files.
______________________________________________ :thumbsup: :flowers:
Method 2: Disable Nero Scout from System Tray
1.Navigate on the Nero icon in the system tray.
2.Select Options.
3.Clear the Enable Nero Scout checkbox.
4.Reboot your system.
5.After reboot, open the Services management console window by running the Services.msc command at Start > Run.
Here, ensure that the Startup type of the Nero Scout service is set to Manual. If not, then change the setting to Manual.

Method 3: Disable Nero Scout from the Services management console window
Since this is a service, you can disable it from Services management console. For this, perform the steps listed below:

1.Open Start menu, select Run, type services.msc and then press Enter.
2.In the Services window, scroll down the list until you find nmindexingservice.exe and other Nero services.
3.Right click on each one-by-one and select Properties.
4.Disable the selected service.
5.After you have disabled all Nero related services, restart your PC.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

Please...posting to a thread that is three years old...could be useful, I suppose...but I think the odds are against it :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users