Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Users

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 technophobe

technophobe

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

XP Home SP2
Hi Guys.
I need a little help.
I'm pretty PC savvy but have never had multipul =users on my PC before, so here goes.............
I have just created new profiles on my computer for my children (that all went well) Limited accounts :thumbsup:

I Have downloaded a card game on my user account hoping it would be in the "ALL PROGRAMS" list for my 3 children in their accounts, but its not.
What did I do wrong ?

I have managed to find it in C: program files and put a short cut on their desktops but in future is there a way to place the things I download in my user account and make it appear in their ALL PROGRAMS list.
Do I have the option to have it just in my account and an option to share.

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Have you tried installing it to C:\documentsandsetting\allusers ?

It could be that they are limited users and that it will not allow them to run it.
-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 technophobe

technophobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply.
I will try that the next time I download something I want us all to access.
I just thought it would need to go into Program files ?

Anyway I'll give it a go.

Cheers

PS. appologies to the Moderators, I've just noticed I have posted in the wrong forum :thumbsup:

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum (which is not problem at all!) ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 12 August 2007 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users