Havent seen a pop-up yet,
That's very good news.
Unfortunately Iam still not conviced that your computer is clean, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Furthermore I wonder if you followed instructions in step 7 and 8 in my previous post? I assume you did.1.
Open Windows Defender.
Click on Tools, General Settings.
Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended).
After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.2.
Reboot and as the computer starts up, just before Windows starts to load, tap the F8 key a few times and then choose Safe Mode from the menu that will appear.3.
Run HijackThis, click Scan and checkmark the following entries:O23 - Service: VundoFix Service (VundoFixSvc) - Unknown owner - VundoFixSVC.exe (file missing)
msconfig.exe is a legitimate file as well but I don't thrust this one. Look for the file: C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe, rihgt-click it and check its properties. If it's not a Windows file checkmark this entry:O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] "C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe" /auto
Close all browsers and windows, except for HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button; close HijackThis!4.
Go to Start->Run, type CMD (if it's not already in the textbox) and click Ok.
Alternatively, Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring the Task Manager. While holding down the Ctrl key, click on New Task. Once the MSDOS Window comes up, minimize the Task Manager.
At the prompt type the following and press Enter after each line:
SC Stop VundoFixSvc
SC Delete VundoFixSvc
Using Windows Explorer delete the following files in bold if they exist:
C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe<< Only if it wasn't a Windows file!!
Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:
* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Click the "Delete Cookies" button
* Next to it, Click the "Delete Files" button
* When prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK
Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):
* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.
* Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).
* Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.
Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin
* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.7.
Reboot to go back into Normal Mode.8.
To be able to run the next tool on a Vista computer you must be regsitered as the administrator
and save it to your desktop.
and wait until a logfile appears.
The log will be called result.txt
Copy and paste the contents of this log in your next reply.
Please copy the result.txt
along with a fresh HijackThis log.