Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Crashes When I Play A Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fender5

fender5

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

system requirements on the back of a pc game i have says supported video cards ati radeon 8500 or above. i have ati mobility radeon 9200 so why does the game crash? i know the 9200 is not supported anymore and there are no driver updates but surely the game should work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

The ati mobility radeon is an on the mainboard chip. It normally uses part of regular memory for video. The game could possibly be "crashing" because of lack of ram. Click Start, Right click on my computer, click properties and see how much ram Windows recognizes.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

all numbering aside, I don't think a mobility 9200 would be considered above a radeon 8500

https://faq.camelot-europe.com/cgi-bin/righ...nZT0x&p_li=

as you can see if you scroll to the bottom of the page mobility chipsets are not supported with even this old game
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

Hey Da chew I used to play that game. I miss playing MMORPG but don't have much time adays

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 fender5

fender5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

hey thanks for the advice, but i only just found out my chipset will not work with the game and is not supported......silly me.....!.
thanks for the help anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users