Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Nfl - 2007

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Being a lifelong New Englander, I've been a Patriots fan since way back when they were still the Boston Patriots.* And I will probably always be a Patriots fan. There are other teams I like, and a couple I detest, though, for reasons I'm not sure even I understand.

I've always had a soft spot for the Bills, even though they're rivals of the Pats. Part of it is probably due to the fact that their weather is frequently even worse than New England's. I also like the Forty-Niners. I've no clue why, though, since I generally hold anything from California in disdain. Go figure.

I've never liked the Cowboys, to the point that I refuse to watch 'em. I don't know if they're still a bunch of arrogant $&(#$&'s or not, but that's what turned me off about them. Well, that and the fact that my mother loved 'em, for who knows what reason. Miami, too. I thought Shula was an a******, and Dan Marino did nothing to improve my feelings about the team. I know, it's unfair to judge the whole team by the two biggest pr****, but hey, what can I say?

I'd root for New Orleans back when they were pathetic, but now I have no sympathy for them. Just respect. I used to root for Green Bay until I realized that they may never rise much above the level of pathetic. With hard work, they might attain mediocre, but I don't see 'em going much higher than that.

I think the Broncos should be made to move to a normal elevation so other teams would at least have a chance against them at home.

As far as the upcoming season goes, it's too early yet to start making predictions. The pre-season has barely started, after all. Give me two weeks into the regular season and I'll tell you who will be playing for the AFC championship. That's another thing - I've always liked AFC teams in general over the NFC. And I have no idea why. So I usually don't pay much attention to the NFC until the championships. What can I say?

So thought, opinions, football mania in general? I got my first football fix tonight, and even though New England lost, I don't really care. It's football season again. And that's what really matters, isn't it?

* Trivia: When the Patriots started as a professional franchise, they played their games on the old Boston College athletic field. Admission to the games was fifty cents. Ahhh, but for the good 'ol days.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

I don't know what you are basing you opinions on, but you obviously aren't basing them on facts. Don Shula led the Miami Dophins of four consecutive super bowls and won the first three. He also enjoys the record of having the least amount of penalties of any team in either league. He must be doing something right.

Edited by dc3, 10 August 2007 - 11:04 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

So thought, opinions, football mania in general? I got my first football fix tonight, and even though New England lost, I don't really care. It's football season again. And that's what really matters, isn't it?

I watched most of the game (note where I live) and it looked like a typical first pre-season game - missed tackles, poorly thrown passes, etc. - by both teams. Many players we watched won't even be on the team when the season starts.

Of course, the Pats should make the play-offs, while the Bucs may struggle to go 8 - 8, so we have different expectations.

Getting there will be fun though, won't it?

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

Looks as if our numbers are growing. Pats fans will one day rule the world. :thumbsup:

I think the Pats are going to have a good season this year-Bruschi's last season and not so sure if Seau will return again--although I'd love to see both come back. The new additions should work out well to-more people for Brady to pass too!

The smell of victory is in the air!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

I don't know what you are basing you opinions on, but you obviously aren't basing them on facts. Don Shula led the Miami Dophins of four consecutive super bowls and won the first three. He also enjoys the record of having the least amount of penalties of any team in either league. He must be doing something right.

That doesn't stop me from thinking he's an a******.

#7 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

I watched most of the game (note where I live) and it looked like a typical first pre-season game - missed tackles, poorly thrown passes, etc. - by both teams. Many players we watched won't even be on the team when the season starts.

Of course, the Pats should make the play-offs, while the Bucs may struggle to go 8 - 8, so we have different expectations.

Getting there will be fun though, won't it?

:thumbsup:

Sure will. Football is what allows me to live through winter.

#8 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

Looks as if our numbers are growing. Pats fans will one day rule the world. :thumbsup:

I think the Pats are going to have a good season this year-Bruschi's last season and not so sure if Seau will return again--although I'd love to see both come back. The new additions should work out well to-more people for Brady to pass too!

The smell of victory is in the air!

Funny, from your location I'd have thought you'd be more of a Bills fan (I'd count 'em as my second-favorite team). Of course if you happen to be a true Yankee (north of the Mass. border and east of the Connecticut River) that's been transplanted, then it's quite understandable.

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

I was born in Manchester, NH :thumbsup: I grew up near there too. I could be to Boston in about 45 minutes. The Army relocated me here and now the wife has me "stuck" (as I like to call it!).

The closest thing to home I have here is my dog, Bruschi!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#10 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

The Ravens are going all the way. They got McGahee now and a killer defense.

#11 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

I was born in Manchester, NH :thumbsup: I grew up near there too. I could be to Boston in about 45 minutes. The Army relocated me here and now the wife has me "stuck" (as I like to call it!).

The closest thing to home I have here is my dog, Bruschi!

Didn't realize I had so much in common with others on the board....I too am a Pats fan, lifelong. Born and raised in Laconia, New Hampshire. :flowers:

They look pretty good this year. All I care about is beating the colts.

#12 MattV

MattV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

From Troy, NH, myself. Little town just a bit south of Keene.

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Super bowl Will be Chargers vs Bears
at least thats my pronstication
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#14 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:37 AM

I've been a Denver Donco's fan since I found out they existed in 1968. Before that I was a Viking fan, and I'm kinda partial to the Rams. I'll NEVER wish anything but bad things for the Raiders as long as Al Davis has anything to do with them. That man is a crook and wants his team to cheat and play dirty. If the coach does not agree the coach goes away...

I think the Pats have a good shot again this year. The Colts lost a lot of players, the Chargers fired one of the best coaches in history, even if he has not won a S. Bowl, yet. But I have to wait and see if the Bears were a fluke last year... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users