Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Some Advice. My Dvd Burner Won't Open

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emt6388

emt6388

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

First of all I am not sure if this the right section to post this in? I don't know if this is because of Windows Xp or somthing else? If it is in the wrong spot plese feel free to move it to the appropriate place. I have a very frusterating problem (well at least it is for me). I was going to burn a DVD today and I press the button to open the drive and nothing happens. I have done some reserch on the web and on another form it said to completly turn off your computer (not restart) and press the button to open the drive when the bios post comes up during the restart. Well I don't know when the bios post is. Can someone please help me? Is this the right thing to do or is there something else that would fix this. There is nothing jammed in there either. It's worked fine untill today. I ahve a HP Pavillion a820n.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

press the button to open the drive when the bios post comes up during the restart

Push the button on the drive when you see the Blue and white HP logo appear on screen.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

I was going to burn a DVD today and I press the button to open the drive and nothing happens.

To open the dvd drive, when it's not opening on it's own by pressing the button, you must use the emergency open hole. Stick a paper-clip in there. Don't be afraid of pushing it in hard. Here's another picture.

To enter BIOS, it might be the 'delete' or 'F2' key. It will say on screen what button to press; different computers use different keys.

Edited by mand0, 10 August 2007 - 11:23 PM.

#4 emt6388

emt6388
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

Thank you for your help it is working now !!!!!

#5 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

Thank you for your help it is working now !!!!!

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users