Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing, Being Really Slow, Zango, Wild Tangent. Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wifferjbiffer

wifferjbiffer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

My computer is really frustrating right now and I don't know how to fix it. Right now, I'm in safe mode because the internet and the computer as a whole is so much faster than it being in normal mode. In normal mode, it is being really really slow. My account isn't working or it just wants to be slower than other accounts. It's been freezing and unfreezing sometimes. Sometimes, it doesn't unfreeze and I have to restart my comp. But it's weird though because tonight not a normal freeze. The music was still playing and after awhile it screensaver turned on. It didn't unfreeze though. It's like that it has so many things running in the background that makes it being slow. However, I can't find that much with my anti-spyware and anti-viurs. I have Spybot-Search and Destory, Ad-Adware 2007, Avast! anti-virus, Trend Micro PC-cillin, and AVG anti-spyware. I would install AVG anti-virus, however the computer won't let me. I'm getting this error message saying,

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avg7core.sys: starting service....
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (1450).

I've been scanning with all them except with Miro PC-cillin because it won't do it in safe mode. My first few scans found a Trojan, which I got rid of. Now, Spybot is keeping picking up Zango and Wild Tangent. I don't know how to get rid of those. My scans aren't picking up anything else. Oh, when I started these scans I turned off System Restore. I don't think that Wild Tangent and Zango are causing me all of these problems. I think it's something else.

My computer was really fast when we got it brand new. It's about 6 months old. It's a Dell Dimension E510. It's an expensive computer. It's not one of those cheap computers that have really tiny memory and ram. Plus, Iím running on Windows XP.

Please help me. I would really love to have my computer fixed. Then, when you help get it fixed, please tell me how to prevent it from ever happening again. Thanks.

Edited by wifferjbiffer, 10 August 2007 - 08:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer wifferjbiffer.

To remove Zango, go to Add/Remove Programs Find Zango in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. There may also be a program called Media Gateway, remove it as well.

When you are presented with a screen during the uninstall process, check the Zango toolbar and Search Assistant before clicking Next to complete the uninstall. Reboot your computer.

If Zango did not completely uninstall, click on the following link to download and run the uninstaller.

http://www.zango.com/Uninstall/ZUninstaller.exe

To remove WildTangent from your system, on PC Hell's How to Remove WildTangent, scroll to the bottom of the page to Alternate link to WildTangent Remover and download the WildTangent Remover.

How Did I Get Infected is a good topic on how to increase the security of your computer so that you will not be infected again in the future.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users