Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small List Of Problems.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deltaforce229

Deltaforce229

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

Alright to start off all these problems started occurring after I installed my new graphics card. I would love to revert back to my old one but sadly thats not possible as it is fried.

* PC locks up on reboot or shutdown.
* Firefox Locks up and cannot be "end tasked"
* Xfire Locks up and cannot be "end tasked"
* Teamspeak starts but nothing happens and it cannot be "end tasked"

Now I have had the issue before I reformated where my pc locks up on reboot or shutdown and I posted about it awhile ago here. Unfortunately doing what was said in that topic didn't work for me this time.

Now on the bigger issues with Firefox, Xfire, and Teamspeak, I have posted on the their support forums but got no reply so i was hoping someone from bleeping computer could help me.

I don't really know what information you need but for now I can give you my PC specs if that will help.

PC: Dell dimension 4600
Graphics card: AGP ATI Radeon X1300 pro
Ram: 1 gig

This is all the info I can think of right now. If you need anything else lemme know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

I need you to go to the How To Use Event Viewer, and list the last four error messages. Remember to right click on the error message and select Properties for the full error report.
This will give us a better understanding of what is wrong.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Deltaforce229

Deltaforce229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 8/10/2007
Time: 6:13:57 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DELTAFORCE229
Description:
The NTPort Library Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 7000
Time: 3:51:51 PM
Description:
The NTPort Library Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10005
Time: 1:05:34 AM
User: DELTAFORCE229\Administrator
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Event ID: 7026
Time: 1:04:28 AM
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AVG Anti-Spyware Driver
Fips
intelppm
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
OMCI
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip
VET-FILT
VET-REC
VETMONNT
vsdatant

Hope that helps.

#4 Deltaforce229

Deltaforce229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

It seems now that end task doesn't work on any program that stops responding.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:30 AM

The first 2 errors refer to a driver for the NTPort Library - have you installed any software that may require direct access to your ports? Things such as XFire or TeamSpeak may be doing this (but I don't know anything about those programs).

The last 2 errors are normal for when you boot into Safe Mode - so we'll need some more errors. Look for those that occur around the time of the freezes. Ensure that these are actual freezes by waiting for a long, long time before forcing the problem program to close (that's because the act of forcing a close will generate an error message that may obscure the error that was caused by the freeze. Check both the System and the Application logs of Event Viewer also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

I have found an Microsoft KB article that addresses the Event ID 7000 error message. When you installed your video card did you do it from the Administrative account or a limited user account. While I have never had this issue it could be a mis-installed video driver, which maybe acting like a corrupted video driver.
Before going to far I would try re-installing the video drivers from the admin account.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 Deltaforce229

Deltaforce229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

There are two accounts the basic administration that you can only see in safe mode and the owner account that has administration permissions. I used the owner account to install the driver. I'll try reinstalling it in the safe mode administration account and see what happens.

Edit: Well its impossible to install it in safe mode because it just produces hardware and direct x incompatibility errors.

Edited by Deltaforce229, 12 August 2007 - 10:57 AM.

#8 Deltaforce229

Deltaforce229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

I decided to reformat because I couldn't wait any longer for you guys to reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users