Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello my name is chucky001

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chucky001

chucky001

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:02 PM

Raging Cajun senior citizen , new to computers , finally joined the in crowd and bought my first computer pc :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

Welcome to BC!

Congrats on your first pc! I just built my own!!!!! There will be much you will need to learn and you are at the right place for it too!

Please check out the Tutorials! They are a must for new pc owners and experienced ones alike.

If you have any questions just ask! We are here to help!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:28 PM

Many of the tutorials are designed for relatively beginning cumputer users, and cover a wide range of useful information. If this is your first computer, be sure to read the tutorials on security, since the Web is not a safe place. Absolutely install and use a resident antivirus program and a firewall (there are very good free ones which are mentioned here at BC)
Don't hesitate to post ANY question or problem you might have; the members here are gentle folks and all of us began at the beginning, so we know how confusing it can be.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:02 AM

:flowers: Senior Citizens encouraged.
A Ragin' Cajun with a new computer should delight in the info here. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users