Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie And Ff Refusing To Display Background

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrunkUncas

DrunkUncas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:51 AM

Hi!

The clowns at the office restored the CPU and didn't put any anti- virus/spyware on it, so naturally, it became unusable after a few days.

I have managed to clean it almost completely using Avast, Spybot, and AVG.

HOWEVER,

Both IE7 and FF are not displaying any background color. There are also other minor issues which are tough to put a finger on without having another operational CPU to compare it to.

This is more than a cosmetic issue; google docs functions poorly- many features don't work, such as cut/paste.

I have uninstalled FF twice- didn't help

I'm ASSuming that a windows(XP SP2) application common to both browsers has been corrupted.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by DrunkUncas, 10 August 2007 - 02:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer DrunkUncas. :thumbsup:

For the Firefox issues, have a look at these two articles: Web Site Colors are Wrong and Clipboard Not Working.

The second option involves modifying the Registry, so be sure to back it up and know how to restore it should a problem occur.
How to Backup, Edit and Restore the Registry.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users