Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mp3 Rocket

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 fritzle

fritzle

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I have had MP3 Rocket as my music dowloading source for quite a while, but it seems since i cleaned up my computer, it wont work anymore...
Can anybody help me?

I currently have version 4.9.6 PRO

Thanks in advance,
frit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

To me, it looks like it was removed when SifuMike was helping you with your hijackthis log.

The best thing for you to do would be to contact the software publisher and ask them for assistance.

Edited by oldf@rt, 10 August 2007 - 12:07 AM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 fritzle

fritzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, thats what I thought. I will also contact SifuMike to see if he can help me.

Thanks again,
Frit

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Do a search for it on your computer. You had to install it from a download, so chances are it's still on your computer (or on a networked external hard drive :thumbsup: ).
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 fritzle

fritzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

Checked it. :thumbsup:

#6 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

MP3 Rocket has been updated to 5.0.1

My Mp3 Rocket stopped working recently. The new version works fine and its still a free download.

Leeboy

#7 fritzle

fritzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Could I have a link please, It says i have to pay for it.

#8 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

It might say you have to pay for it because it doesn't detect your copy you are upgrading from. So, instead of an upgrade, it's a total new download. You'll have to get your working copy back to get the upgrade for free.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

Checked it. :flowers:

You did? Did you check the following path.....

J:/ Downloads, drivers etc. for a program called MP3Rocket-Pro.exe? :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#10 fritzle

fritzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

Checked it. :flowers:

J:/ Downloads, drivers etc. for a program called MP3Rocket-Pro.exe? :thumbsup:

Cant find that.

It might say you have to pay for it because it doesn't detect your copy you are upgrading from. So, instead of an upgrade, it's a total new download. You'll have to get your working copy back to get the upgrade for free.

Well how am I supposed to do that, the only copy I have doesn't work.

#11 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

See if you have the folder E:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles on the machine. If so, open it and see if the file 'MP3Rocket_on_startup.exe' is in there.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#12 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

I went to MP3rocket.com and downloaded it free. Mcafee site adviser (recently installed) shows it as a bad site, but as yet I've had no problems. There are several places where you can download it free but I haven't used them. http://www.tucows.com/preview/500674 site advisor shows this site as safe. It is a free download.

hope that helps

Leeboy

#13 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

J:/ Downloads, drivers etc. for a program called MP3Rocket-Pro.exe? :flowers:

Cant find that.

That's because J: was disconnected from the network and never hooked back up to share. Probably you should try to copy the install program onto a thumbdrive then copy it over to your hdd and install it from there. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#14 fritzle

fritzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

I went to MP3rocket.com and downloaded it free. Mcafee site adviser (recently installed) shows it as a bad site, but as yet I've had no problems. There are several places where you can download it free but I haven't used them. http://www.tucows.com/preview/500674 site advisor shows this site as safe. It is a free download.

hope that helps

Leeboy

That worked^^

Thanks a bunch,
Frit

#15 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

No worries. I'm not that great at computers yet and its nice to be able to help someone for a change rather than just soak up everyone else's knowledge.

I have found that the updated version does seem more of a drain on my system and slows things down more than the old version did but download speed is just the same.

I would advise that the 'Pro' version is a rip off and doesn't make downloads any quicker. It will say 'Turbo charged connection' but isnt any faster than the 'Excellent connection' you get with the standard version.

I originally had the pro version until it expired and dont find the standard version any different.

Leeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users