Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Put My Sata Drive To C:

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rhode2nowere

rhode2nowere

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

I recently had 2 IDE 80GB hard drives in my computer. i had a 250GB SATA drive just sitting in my computer, i wasn't able to figure out how to get it installed. so a few days ago, i found seagate DiskWizard, and it got my SATA drive working effortlessly. so i decide i want this to be my main hard drive. its faster and holds alot more, it would make my computer faster. so i cloned my old main hard drive to this one, then i wiped the old one completely. right now i haven't used the disk wizard for my old hard drive to show up again, because i want my SATA to be the C: drive. for some reason, it is still my G: drive. how can i change that?

when i wiped my drive, the computer started up, but stayed at the blue windows "welcome" screen. so i put in the boot CD my comp came with, and re-installed windows, and it works very very well, all the files are in place. some programs, however, aren't working correctly. i tried re-installing iTunes, it says i need a C: drive to do it.

i need it to be my C: drive, because one, its annoying having all the main files not in C:, and some of the programs i have dont work without it.

i also have a new MSI MoBo, Video card (8800gts, very excited), and some DDR2 memory for the new MoBo coming by UPS tomorrow. should i wait til then? is there a certain way i should set everything up to get it how i want it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Not really sure, I'm sure someone else knows a better solution. . .But using the microsoft powertoy TweakUI, you can change drive letters of stuff (if I remember correctly).

Posted Image

#3 rhode2nowere

rhode2nowere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

i donloaded TweakUI, and double-clicked it, it said it should be run from control panel, and asked me if i should install it now. i click yes, nothing happens. is there a certain way i am supposed to run it?

#4 rhode2nowere

rhode2nowere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:54 PM

Nobody has and ideas? i guess i can just wait until tomorrow when i get my new MoBo and stuff.

#5 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Right click my computer and select manage. then in the left pane select disk management, and then in the right pane right click the disk you want to change and then select change drive letter and paths.

DC

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:41 AM

There should be a TweakUI icon in Control Panel now that you've installed it.

Be aware that changing letters of your hard drives can cause some programs to stop working - you may have to reinstall them to get them to work right.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users