Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom Graphire4 4x5 Pen Stroke Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 clockradio

clockradio

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

When I'm drawing the some pen strokes don't come out at all. Some come out without pressure, like drawing with a mouse. But some do come out normal. This all happens in the same session. It's completely random. I've tried deleting the TABLET.DAT and rebooting. The Wacom website doesn't have any answers. I've also checked the properties, and they are all normal. It happens more in Photoshop CS3 than in Deleter Comicworks 1200p. Could it be memory consuption? I have a ASUS P5NSLI with 512mb of RAM, Intel Core2 Duo processor, and a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 4000.

Does anybody have a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:43 AM

More ram wouldn't hurt-specially when dealing with photo and/or graphic programs. the more the merrier!

Try updating to the latest wacom drivers if you haven't already. Also, go in and turn off the "Double click assist" (it's in the options for the drivers of the tablet), as that will screw things up. In CS3, ensure that all your brushes are set up so that the brush pressure is turned on. You can have them off for one brush (like the clone tool) but on for another (like the brush tool).

You can try resetting the tablet to default too (I'd still leave off the double click assist).

Let us know how you make out with this! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 clockradio

clockradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

It seemed to have worked itself out. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I could find the "double-click assist" only a "double-click distance". Should I set that to small?

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

That's up to you how you set your distance for you double click. Maybe they got rid of the double click assist...? I worked with a Wacom's management figuring out that the double click assist was causing issues (like a lag spike every 2 seconds, amongst other issues).

Something else that popped into mind (after the fact of course) was the tilt-if you're tilting the pen to much it tends to mess up, or not work at all. All of these settings are adjustable, so feel free to go in and tinker with them all.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 clockradio

clockradio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:50 PM

Do you think it is my tablet or pen? I have dropped it a couple of times, not hard though. I used to get a "tablet driver" window tab on the taskbar at startup. It no longer comes up.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

Well, dropping it sure isn't good for it (pen or tablet)! :flowers:

I'd lean more towards tilting the pen tool to much. It's happened to me before, where it stops working suddenly, and when I stop and look, I've got the pen tilted wayyyyy to much. I don't ever recall getting a tablet driver on the taskbar-I've always had to go into the program itself (via control panel) and adjust things from there.

If it acts up again, I'd uninstall it, download the latest drivers from the wacom site, then reinstall it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users