Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Clean Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mommelody

mommelody

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

:thumbsup: Hi all!!!! HHEELLPPPP...I am having so many issues, where do i begin.. I am running Windows 2000,( i know prob. #1 i need to upgrade). I hav. attempted to run disk defrag, but it tells me i need to run disk clean up first,duh. however, this tool stops at about 25%. I have tried windows live one care, and theirs does the same, freezes @ 24%., although the status is still active and running for the application. I hav tried other programs, i have installed on my comp. ie: PC Rescue, AVG anti-spy, anti-virus, anti-root. as well as Spyware Killer (all but PC Rescue being the free versions)..these programs will clean up and find items, and kill, delete, and clean., however, nothing has helped. I am getting screen after screen downloading when im doing ANYTHING online, and most of the time they hang, causing it to end all apps., and i have to start over. ( i've had to start this topic over 4 times..lol...not funny..Most of the "surprise" screens are from cmvfeed-? and others from PBC, or other advertisers. When i go into the properties of most of these they all say either desktop shortcut. sometimes when they are downloading it will say reeirecting to site "so and so". I am at my wits end!!!!!. I have no disk space left to defrg until i clean up and i cant do that either. I have also blocked many trogans, and a virus named JS/Psyme has been detected and i quarentined this then deleted. I know this may not make much sense, but i do need som advise. I am "ignorant of the facts", so to speak, when it comes to alot of these issues, so you may have to "spoon feed" me. The only thing i havent tried is throwing my computer out the back door, and that is my next option..lol. I am going to upgrade to windows xp in a few days, but i dont want to do anything with all of these issues.

ANY ASSISTANCE AND/OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOMED. Thank you in advance for your patience and for your willingness to "listen and hopefully shed some resolution this way".

have a great and blessed day,
respectfully,

mommelody

Edited by KoanYorel, 10 August 2007 - 08:18 AM.
To remove email address to prevent spamming

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hi mommelody,

Most of the "surprise" screens are from cmvfeed-?

Could you be meaning CPVFeed?

With the web page redirection you have also mentioned, it may be a good idea to post a HijackThis Log in the in the Hijack and Analysis Forum by following the directions in this link; Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .

Please Do Not post the log in this forum.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

First, try running Disk Cleanup in Safe Mode.
Second, it sounds like your hard drive is almost full. I would review your applications and other files (pictures or documents for example) and delete the programmes you do not use and move the pictures and documents to a dataCD.
Once you have cleaned up your computer's storage, you will have room to run scandisk and then defragment your hard drive.
This should be done before moving on to any malware problem-solving.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users