Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Download Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fragrocks

fragrocks

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Am at my parents. Main machine has no AV so I am trying to install it,. I have run Housecall and it came back clear NOTHING found! Spybot found a minor cookie and nothing else. BUT we cannot install ANY AV product. I have tried running Panda, AVG, Avast, Bitdefender. All will get to a few percent and then will hang. We have tried to download it to a flash drive and no joy.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but the machine is still using IE6. Parents do not want to upgrade to IE7 or Mozilla... could this have anything to do with it???

Internet connection can be slow, I have deleted System restore points and that has helped, also there is a wireless LAN here for my dads laptop and this will not download AV either, Norton was removed last night as it had run out and I was trying to install AVG on both machines!

Both machines run on Windows XP Home and Both are on SP2.

Any help appreciated, I may be able to run a Hijack this log BUT when I follow the instructions it wants AV run!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fragrocks

fragrocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

Right.... I think I have resolved the issue! .. The wireless router was causing havoc with the PC... When Dad went to bed I unplugged the router and all the issues vanished!!! I have now updated the router and hopefully all is well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users