Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 febman

febman

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hi all, im new to this forum, and am a bit of a numpty when it comes to computers.
i seem to have a major problem with trojans,
my daughter downloaded msn messenger live--- Cid pop ups everywhere from internet explorer when im on firefox !!
she also downloaded a song which i now know had a trojan downloader WMA wimad.k.
i have ran various spyware scans and anti virus scans,
resulting in lots of adware cookies removed
and so far 99 trojans !!
still problems.
after running all the recomended scans on the hijack this page
i am going to try and post a hikack this log,
but i have three user accounts on my computer and i wonder what way this effects,
all the scans
hijack this,
i ask this because it comes up as some files password protected (with kapersky internet suite scan.)
i have disabled the passwords on the other accounts and now i wonder do i need to do more scans ?
do i scan in safe mode ?
how do i know if the scan is able to scan all aspects of the computer (all user accounts programes and documents)
i would greatly appreciate you help as i have spent the last three days going grey !!!!
many thanks for your replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

It is always a good idea to runs your scans in Safe Mode, there is a better chance of the infections being removed completely.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 febman

febman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

Thanks Budapest,
i have ran kapersky and superantispyware in safe mode in the administrator account
no problems found.
hopefully the problems have been removed, but how do i know for sure ?
yhanks.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

If you want to know for sure you should post a HijackThis Log in the appropriate forum and let the experts have a look.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Please note that it may take several days before someone gets to your log as those guys are always very busy.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users