Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Connectivity.. All Other Laptops In The House Are Fine? Urgent!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 georgerwu

georgerwu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

And it says something about a BAD_POOL_CALLER and shows a fatal error, saying that something is wrong with the hardware or software. The thing is, I downloaded a program called GG-Client and what this did was allowed me to play Warcraft 3 with a large group of people (like logging into Bnet and joining games) but instead I could do all this through GG-Client through LAN so I had 0 lag etc. Well I figure that the problem is being caused by the GG-Client messing with my internet connections and IP addresses etc, so now I can't connect because something is off. I have uninstalled GG-Client but I still can't connect.

When I go to "My Wireless Networks," it shows a message stating that Windows cannot configure this wireless connection and if you were using a software to do so, then continue using that software (I believe this software is GG-Client, but I can't use it since it has been uninstalled and I don't plan on reinstalling it). However, I used the Microsoft Zero Config and I was able to see all the wireless networks again after I checked a box that said "Allow Windows to configure my internet." However, even though the wireless network is found in my home, still limited or no connectivity.

I also noticed that my Default Gateway and both servers underneath that (SNS and INS or something?) were all blank with no IP addresses or anything. Could this be a problem why I'm unable to connect to the wireless network? I'm trying to think of ways to just "refresh" the networking abilities on this computer but everytime I start up Microsoft Zerg Config and allow Window s to configure my wireless network, a simple computer restart sets everything back the way it was.

Frankly, I'm afraid of messing with the computer now since I don't want anymore blue screens. I also found some other people that have the same problem as me and some people are trying to help them, but I understand them. Hopefully their situations can help you guys have a better understanding of my problem and hope this can get fixed soon! I need internet to do my report! :thumbsup:

http://www.gg-game.com/forum/viewthread.ph...;extra=page%3D2

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xc2

Since you're having issues with your networking and you get the BAD_POOL_CALLER error - I'd suspect your network drivers/programs. Try downloading current versions of these drivers and software, then uninstall the old versions and install the newly downloaded ones.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users