Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confused About Java

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slomoz

Slomoz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

When I go to the Java test it says that my Java is working, but I need to download Version 6 Update 2.

Posted Image

When I check out my Add and Remove programs, it seems I'm accumulating a lot of Java -- including Version 6 Update 2.

Posted Image

Recommendations?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Most utilities will update over their previous versions, for some reason Java doesn't. I would remove the old versions and download the 6.0, I've seen where there have been complications when trying to download newer version without removing the older ones.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Slomoz

Slomoz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

Done. Removed all Java then re-install 6.2. The test site still says I'm "using an older version of Java technology". I don't know what that means, since it shows I've got 60_02 installed. The Java Control Panel updater says I've got the latest version. And, Java is working fine. I'm not going to worry with it anymore. :thumbsup:

Thanks, dc3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users