Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sandie_L

Sandie_L

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:03 AM

Hi All

I need help with Outlook Express 6 please. My OS is XP Home Sp2 and I have IE7 installed.

I was using OE6 with IE7 with no problems until I ran RegCure. My computer was running really slowly and I came across the ad for RegCure which promised to sort things out. I downloaded the free scan and was shocked to be told I had 2K+ errors. I bought the download, ran it and Bingo!!! OE6 will not run anymore.

I used the restore feature in Regcure, nothing happened. I tried System restore with no luck. I contacted Regcure they couldn't help, suggesting things I had already tried. Totally disgusted I got my money back but am left using Outlook 2003 (which I hate). Trying other things to rectify the situation I have noticed other problems like wizards not working properly.

I've tried add/remove windows components no good. I cannot download IE6setup because of IE7. I've tried to uninstall IE7 to go back to IE6 but I get "Cannot install as a newer version is already installed".

I don't have my XP cd, I cannot find the thing, every other cd is there but not that one.

So, please please please is there anyone that can help?!!!

Sandie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Hi Sandie_L,

Registry cleaners can cause irreparable damage to Operating Systems, and render computers inoperable.

Try system file checker.

Go to Start, Run and type SFC /scannow
See if that fixes the issues. ( I don't know what to suggest about the lost CD)

See this article for message recovery techniques: OE Tips, Tip #4.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Sandie_L

Sandie_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Thanks Tmack

I tried everything suggested but still no good unfortunately.

There is some good news, I think I know where my XP cd is.

Thanks again
Sandie

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

Assuming the system is clean, you could try a repair install.
Programs and data should be preserved, but you'll need to revisit windows update for all the updates.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users