Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feels Like Running In Circles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CoolMike

CoolMike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

After having made the mistake of leaving my pc available for anyone to use for anything while i wasnt around, ive been chasing my tail trying to get back to a clean slate. Ive recently gotten a hold of a new XP setup cd (was lost for a long time), and managed to make some registry adjustments so my computer would recognize my cd and dvd drives so i could use said cd. Any way I got into the setup sequence and was suprised not to come across a format/partition option, at which point i wouldve formatted C:/ and started anew. Since that wasnt available I installed a new OS on a different drive on a physically separate HD, and now I still can not format the C: drive. Ive tried CMD, WRC, and every other way I could think of and still get the message that windows can not complete the format. no error code or reason why. I apologize for the monologue, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users