Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do You Play Games? And Which Ones.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 leran

leran

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hello, (WAVE)

Greetings, am as close to being bored now, so i get this question in my head, which i hope some guys here can help me with.

Alright now which games do you guys play or do you even play games?

I mostly play old games from the 1990-1995, and ofc i play 1 mmorpg game World of Warcraft.

Now i know this topic might be stupid and all but if you are bored like me then why not say it out. :thumbsup:

Edited by leran, 08 August 2007 - 05:48 PM.

Games:Games:Games|and ofc MORE games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

Diablo II (no expansions) very cool game
GuildWars
Neverwinter Nights Diamond

In case you havent noticed the trend all offer free online play and are RPGs

There are some oldies but goodies on my system as well:
Snap-On GearHead Garage
Dirt tack Racing
Nascar 99 (the end of a great series)

Edited by BlackSpyder, 08 August 2007 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

NWN and diablo are awsome, i also play diablo but not online only questing :D

#4 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

I play RPG's and FPS's. Also oldies such as DOOM I & II, Quakd, and Elder Scrolls I & II
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#5 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

Not much of a fan when it comes to shooting games :flowers: but i do like duke-nukem3D can't get a better shooting game :thumbsup:

#6 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

I've stopped playing all video games. I used to play Red Orchestra a lot. I'll start playing again when HL2 Episode 2/Portal/TF2 comes out. :thumbsup:

#7 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

Not much of a fan when it comes to shooting games :flowers: but i do like duke-nukem3D can't get a better shooting game :thumbsup:

Have you gotten the high resolution pack? it gives you free look, and much better graphics. It also enables it to run great in windows xp. Here's a link to it:

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/21879.html

Totally awesome. Makes a great game, even greater!
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:17 AM

I like RPG's, I'm currently playing Diablo II, again, and Sacred, Neverwinter Nights Diamond, Titan Quest. I have played D2 online but I prefer to play by myself. So I don't own any of those MMORPG only games. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#9 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

Maybe it's for the best not to start or own a mmorpg game, for all i know it's not worth it. even doh i play it my self, but it's easy to be consumed by the world in thes games. thats at least how i have exp this games. But if you really like gaming then mmorpg most be the best games out there.

Edited by leran, 09 August 2007 - 07:06 AM.

#10 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:19 AM

Me and my boyfriend were messing around and I said "This is like an RPG hehe" and he went all wierd...turns out RPG also means Rocket Propelled Grenade....hmmmm :D certainly got that too... anyway

on my PC I play Black&White 2 and AoE III sometimes.
And sometimes on the PS2 I play the damned GTA games, or Fahrenheit.
Oh and I used to play Sims, SimCity, old GTA and Hitman (the originals) on PC, back in the day.

I don't play many online games, cus a lot of them have huge communities of long-time members who aren't so welcoming to noobs and I always feel like an intruder hehe....so I just...don't :thumbsup:
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#11 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Yes i most agree the online games don't like new comers, even i don't like them when they come on wow and spam with "can i get money please". i guess that explains the rude threat to noobs(new comers).

Anyway cool play stile you have^^ Gta just got to love that and even simcity awsome, i quited thos games long time ago, but for some reason i still can't leave my old Tycoon transport deluxe. you can't get a better building game then that :thumbsup:.

O yeah rpg=Rocket Propelled Grenade: that must have been a long night, to even find out that it means such a thing is a new teaching, maybe we should stop calling it rpg i most say Rocket Propelled Grenade sounds way better.

Edited by leran, 09 August 2007 - 07:28 AM.

#12 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

haha indeed it was a long nite :D

But yis...I always feel very noobish :thumbsup: But I never beg for more, more I hunt for advice. But many are unwilling to give it...they laugh at my noobility... haha

So I stick to just throwing out my psyco babble on friendly boards like this (this is the only board I visit) cus really...you can't be a noob at making conversation.

I love AoE though :D Oh I forgot, I used to play Caesar III as well, my first building game. I like task games, or ones that have to be figured...not those where you have to run around shooting thousands of NPCs with precise aim....

....ohhh except I do play Reservoir Dogs :D I just love the movie. I want to sample the Godfather and Scarface games too...

#13 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

I used to play SWG and WOW, but after a year with each, the fun went away.
Currently I usually play:
Empire Earth
BF42
TitanQuest
SimCity
Rome: Barbarian Invasion

Most newer games, I think, seem to be all about graphics and less about gameplay.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 09 August 2007 - 09:07 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#14 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Most newer games, I think, seem to be all about graphics and less about gameplay.
Cheers,
John

I totally agree there. I like the gameplay on most of the games I play, but makers these days are becoming more and more worried that someone else's game appears better... oh well.... lifelike characters? Now that's too far...we play games to step away from the real world for a while (at least, that's my humble opinion)

#15 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

Yes graphic is a big team in the games now, but there are always games like Final Fantasy7! I really hope they will upgrade the graphic on it but let everything stay as it is, just a big touch of graphic ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users