Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unwanted Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j_a_m_i_e

j_a_m_i_e

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

Hi, im using windows xp media centre edition. I have two icons on my pc labelled "94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql" that I downloaded which are setup files and they will not open or delete. when i try to do either it comes up with "94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql is not a valid Win32 application". Any help would be much apreciated . Thanks .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

They may delete in Safe Mode or have you tried any of the trouble shooting methods offered in download3k - Help?

~ Edit~ Try the free utility UnLocker. It removes hard to delete files and folders.

Edited by TMacK, 08 August 2007 - 04:51 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

Here is a couple more suggestions/ideas.
Have you tried dragging the file to the recycle bin? Renaming, rebooting, then delete?
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Delete_Doctor_d4473.html
Delete files that are difficult to delete, such as some files left by viruses and trojans, or files with corrupted file names. This program can also delete files like the "index.dat" files, which store Internet history, by scheduling them for deletion upon system restart. Select a file to delete from a built-in file browser or drag afile to the program window from Explorer.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users