Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Xp Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Attimus

Attimus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hello Everyone I need help with my computer first my monitor went out don't know why it was working fine but now it wont turn on anymore.
Second When i hooked my computer to my LCDTV and turn it on it just keep on rebooting over and over. So the next step i've done was to in stall the recovering disk which delete all my file's but after that the rebooting stop but it will just stay at the window xp loading screen but wont go anywhere else please help me out i really don't have the money for someone else to fix it help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:14 AM

Two things you can try is to test the memory and test the hard drive.

Use Memtest86 to test the memory.

To test the hard drive go to the website of the drive manufacturer and download their diagnostic tool.

Memtest86 and the drive test are both bootable CDs, so they still should work even though you cannot boot into Windows.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

You will need a burning program that can handle burning .ISO files such as Nero
or CDBurnerXP Pro (free)
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

or Active ISO Burner (free)
http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

You will need to make sure your BIOS device boot order has the optical drive listed before the hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users