Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove Parent Control On Adminstration User

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rockoreid1

rockoreid1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

i have a windows vista basic. I am the only user, i been using the computer as the adminstrator. I am the only one that uses this computer. It is brand new. I downloaded family fued 2 and when I try to play it it tell me it cant be played because of parent control. I( have never set a parent control and when I go into parents controls. It says I cant change parent control as the adminstrator. I dont have any users accounts set up. Is there a hidden way to get into adminstrator, to change this. It had to come preset with vista or maybe Compaq did something. I already turned off UAC and it didnt change anything. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CRogers

CRogers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hi rockoreid1,

I too have Windows Vista. I'm no pro but since there aren't any responses yet from the computer experts...here goes...do you have a password setup for your admin account? If you don't, try setting one up then you have some type of confirmation to type in and maybe bypass the parental alert. Vista states "parental controls cannot be applied to an administrator user account", anyway, if setting up pw doesnt help try setting up another user account and see if that account is able to access the game. You can always delete your user accounts. Maybe this can help until more experienced answers your post.

Take care

Cheryl

Cheryl Rogers

#3 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

If you really are the administrator and the only user, you should be able to go to the control panel > parent controls then just simply disable it.

#4 rockoreid1

rockoreid1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

I did tried set up a user account. I turned off the parent control on that account. It still tells me the game cant be played because of parent control. I set a password for the adminstrator. I am sign in as the adminstrator, it still tell me it cant be played because of parent control. I still think either compaq or vista set this in default. Is there a way to get to adminstrator to check this. It has to be hidden because in XP you could go right into it.

#5 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

It's kinda hard to guide you over forums but I'll try

Login to your main account (the administrator) then look at the screenshots here. Go to those places and try to turn off as much of the parental options as you can.

#6 rockoreid1

rockoreid1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

It is a bug in the game itself. you can set up an account, give them the right to play any game. than you can play the game. It cant be play as the adminstrator even tho there is no parent control set in adminstrator. Thank you guys for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users