Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Won't Go Away

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

I have an old windows 98 computer, that is pretty much a piece of junk :thumbsup: . anyways, it got a bad virus on it in C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JaaXDGdn.dll . It keeps popping up telling me this under symantec anti virus. Anyways it's so bad I can't quarantine or Delete the file. I tried AVG Free Anti virus too, but that does the same thing, popping up the message telling me about it, but it cannot delete or quarantine it. It is being classified as a Trojan Horse on both Symantec and AVG. Also, I tried some other programs such as Ad Aware SE Personal, SuperAntiSpyware, and vundofix. None of these programs even detect it. So, being very furious at this message that keeps popping up (I don't even know if the virus is doing anything since my computer performance hasn't slowed down, and I don't get pop-ups) I go into my System folder and try to delete the file myself, but then it tells me "windows cannot delete the file since it is a running process". So I go and look through task manager, and close all the programs, that aren't related to Microsoft corp, IBM (computer manufacturer), or sound suspicious.

Anyone have any idea's or know of any good programs? Thanks!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

Have you tried the Advanced mode of Spybot Search & Destroy?

Click Mode, Advanced mode, click tools, double click system startup, find the item, and select, click the red X to kill it. restart the machine and see if you can delete the file.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the reply! Actually I found a program that gives you 30 days free called trojan remover. It scanned my registry and did something to the file. It didn't fix it, but made it so Symantec could quarantine the file and then delete it so my computer is good now!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users