Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scary, Unexplainable Thing/creature

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

So me and my friend were walking on the trails near our old elementary school. The trails are just a dense forest area with narrow pathways throughout it. Anyways we came to a point where there was two separate ways we could turn, my friend said right and I said left so we went left. After about ten minutes of walking, and feeling that we might be lost, all of a sudden out of nowhere there is this gray blob of something running out one side into the other side of the trails. It wasn't even visible for a second, but we could hear the brustling of tree's. It made this loud screeching sound that I've never heard before. It was like a mix between an animal roar and a motor cycle engine.

Anyways we both stopped in our tracks as we saw this. It was about 30-40 feet away from us. It seemed to be quite tall. As we talked about what just happened we were freaking out. I seriously thought I might get eaten by something hungry. I told my friend we should go back the way we came, but he said we should keep going. We kept going and when we got to the point where it was, both sides of the trails were just very dense shrubbery. It seems almost impossible for anything to be able to go as fast as it was without hitting a tree.

We ended up leaving the trails very puzzled.

I live in Watertown New York which is a very forested area. There's not many big animals. Even when I was in Elementary school, the teachers would take us on the trails and tell us the only animal's that would be out there are Deer (which are very afraid of people) and small rodent's. This thing must of been at least the size of a Deer if not bigger. It didn't even look like a four legged animal, almost like it was on two legs. It was jumping across the trails, not just running, for the split second we saw it.

I know I probably sound like one of those creepy big foot, loch ness monster people, but this is so weird, and neither my friend or I can figure out what it was. Anyone have any idea's for a logical explanation?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

Sorry, I thought I found a quiet place to run around being wierd. My bad.

I'll try and be more descreet next time.

Sorry mate, won't bother you ramblers again.
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#3 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

LMAO Turi :thumbsup:

I needed that :flowers:

#4 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

Virtually certain it was someone playing a prank on you.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Well I told my mom about it and she said it could of been an owl or turkey, but idk. Oh well its just something we may never know :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Pretty freaky story Sterling14.. What time of day was it? What was the weather like? How wide a path did it cross? Were the exit and entry evidence (broken branches, prints onthe path or the entry points) on the sides where it crossed. There was no path or new trail where this occured. How about odors? When it entered the woods again could you still hear it?
I figure some more info may help get more ideas.

Edited by boopme, 07 August 2007 - 07:27 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Sorry, I thought I found a quiet place to run around being wierd. My bad.

I'll try and be more descreet next time.

Sorry mate, won't bother you ramblers again.

We have video of your rampage, just curious here, where did you get that ghillie suit?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Any chance it sounded like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowKFSpTVlM...ted&search=

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

It was my uncle fatso he got off the couch and found one of my red bulls and well he moves like superman now.

Probably just some forest creature,nothing dangerous.

#10 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:17 AM

Hey, CGM, I'm not your uncle!

I'm not even male... :thumbsup:
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hey, CGM, I'm not your uncle!

I'm not even male...

What are you talking about turi?

#12 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

Was there a full moon that night?

:thumbsup:

#13 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

Actually it was about 3 in the afternoon, and no one, it was higher pitched then that. Haha, this is getting funny :thumbsup: .

#14 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

I found out what it is.....

Feast your eyes on this beast.....Run for your lives!

#15 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

:thumbsup: now thats what I call a decent sized "Leporid" , Just the kind Orange Blossom should get :flowers: .
(if she still wants Leporids that is)

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users