Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Denice

Denice

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

I have been receiving Command Service infection notices, and my computer crashes whenever I go to AOL or IE. Restart can only be effected in "Last Known Good Configuration". When system does work, many programs hang up for several minutes :thumbsup:

Can someone please help me to get this program and I am sure others, out of my system?

I have already run several anti malware programs including Adaware and spybot SD

Thank you,
Denice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Denice

Denice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

attempted to download bit defender other day, with no luck. Program locks up. used superantispyware and spybotsd, along with ad aware and tried to download again this evening after seeing your post. still locks up. xp restore was not on, so there are no restore points. Do you wish me to run HJT and submit logs?
Thank you for your quick response

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Yes, if you can not get bit defender to run or start your computer in safe mode, please post a Hijack this log.
  • A new version of HijackThis has now been released, so before you post your log please download and install the new version.
  • download the installer for Hijack this, and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTinstall to run the installer.
  • Agree to install
  • Agree to the license agreement.
  • Hijack this will then open.
  • Click on the do a system scan and save a logfile.
  • notepad will open with your log.
  • Please post your log in the Hijack This forum.
If you have any problems downloading Hijack This or running the program, let us know here.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Your log is posted here.

Please refrain from asking for help from other members or staff until the HJT Team has checked your posted log. The HJT Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort.

Thus, we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusing, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users