Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Windows File "geeda.dll"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 M2TT

M2TT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Ok so I have an infected windows file "geeda.dll" which would be located in the system32 folder I can not get rid of the program because it is attached to windows and can not delete it while windows is running so I need to find a way to get rid of the program because it is slowing down my compuer alot!!! I have tried some anti-virus and ant-spyware and also microsoft malicious file remover and none of it has worked, I am very good with computer and can get rid of most of the problems with my computer but this one has me stumbled :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:34 AM

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum M2TT :thumbsup:
My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.

Download Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2 to your desktop:
Double click on HJTInstall.exe,it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
When the install is complete,HijackThis will automatically launch.
When the license agreement appears,select "I Accept" and then click on the "Do a system scan only" button.
When the scan is complete,click on the "Save Log" button,then save it to your desktop.
Copy and paste the entire contents of that log into your next reply.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users