Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Page

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Just few minutes ago my web page just closed by itself. I think I have spyware or adware or some type of malware that automatically closes the webpage. Please can someone help?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum also edit topic and add topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 07 August 2007 - 06:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Which webpage are you trying to load?

3939.png

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

I don't remember, I think it was a online game webpage. I was playing a flash online game. Then suddenly it closes by itself. How can I diagnose this problem? Thanks.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

You could try opening the webpage in multiple browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox, to see if there is a problem with the browser or the flash software. If there isn't you should run a scan on your computer that will detect malware.

3939.png

#5 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

Which anti-malware software should I use to scan malware if it is a Flash problem? I had the online game opened in different tabs in the Internet Explorer, but suddenly it just closes. And sometimes I can't even open more tabs. It just closes, and saying Windows just encountered an error and closed the Internet Explorer.

Edited by chow2rich, 08 August 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

First verify the version of Adobe Flash Player you have installed by visiting the About Flash Site.

You may just need to upgrade to the most recent version.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Use the programs below to clean up your computer and check for malware. Let us know what they find.
Remove temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. by using Ccleaner. Do not use "Advanced Settings" or the "Issues" button. Use only the default settings. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

Before I post my log, I have to say my Internet Explorer wouldn't allow me to open more tabs inside that Internet Explorer Browser. It wouldn't even allow me to connect, I had to open a new Internet Explorer Browser to get online or view the webpage.

Edited by chow2rich, 09 August 2007 - 01:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users