Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Error Upon Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BIGDOGBIZKIT

BIGDOGBIZKIT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

ok after searching with no luck , I am asking for help . upon rebooting/startup of windows xp I receive this message .

" RUNDLL ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\BUQGXLNA.DLL THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND "

after I close the message everything runs normally , and I used tuneup utilities 2007 to try repair the problem with no luck .

any Ideas ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

I could not find any information on this BUQGXLNA.DLL file, which make me suspect that it is malware related. It is likely that your antivirus or antispyware identified this file and deleted it, but there is still a startup reference somewhere. See if you can located the startup reference using AutoRuns and delete it. This should stop the error message from popping up again.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

I agree with Budapest. The file is probably an orphaned entry related to a program (or malware) that was set to run at startup. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it. The file may have been removed during an anti-virus scan, the uninstall of a program or use of a specialized fix tool. However, an associated registry entry is telling Windows to load it when you boot up.

When Windows loads, it looks for any files associated with registry entries for programs that are set to run at startup. If the file was removed but not the entry, Windows will display an error message indicating that the file was not found. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the program when it loads. Using Autoruns to remove the entry should stop the error message.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users