Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Folder Path 'my Documents' Contains An Invalid Character

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Syngentian

Syngentian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

I purchased MS Windows XP professional from eBay - an OEM edition I did not know what that meant. But it is a legal version just not supportable when sold separately. It has been installed since the beginning of this year and has been working fine.
About 3 months ago I switched my documents to an external hard drive. Then a month ago loaded iTunes and loaded up about 30 cds then it started to lock up on me. I then reverted the my documents to the default location. Two weeks ago iTunes sent a message to upgrade which I went to do but it failed due to "The folder path 'My Documents' contains an invalid character." I tried to remove iTunes and got the same error. Then over the weekend I upgraded to Norton 2007 for System Works and Firewall. Both failed with at first the same error message.
John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

Right click the My Documents folder and select Properties. Click the Target tab and then click Restore Default. Click Apply and then click OK. See if it works after that.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users