Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Search Box

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elinatim

elinatim

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I do not like to post new topics when the answers I am looking for are readily available...but how do I convince Bleeping Computer's "Search" box to help me out?

Today I typed the following into the search box: "xp key code from sticker not working." The automated reply was: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Sorry, but I have a hard time coming up with a four-character keyword for "key" or "XP." Has anyone else out there had trouble finding existing answers?

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 08 August 2007 - 08:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:20 PM

Hey there.

Try to not formulate a question, but rather use keywords: validation serial windows label working
Alternatively, try this: go to Google.com >> type: inurl:www.bleepingcomputer.com "your search term here"
If you dont find anything just post. Its oke.

HTH,

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#3 elinatim

elinatim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Thanks! I am finding stuff more quickly now. It is also good to know that you are okay with new posts if I don't find what I am looking for.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Never hesitate to ask---someone is sure to know where the information you need can be located.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users