Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flight Simulator And Video Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smoky299

smoky299

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

Flight Simulator X says it doesn't work with my hardware, I used System Requirements Lab and I failed the Video Card test as seen below.

Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB 100% DirectX 9.0c video card with Pixel Shader 2.0
You Have: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Controller)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - No
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

I have FIFA 07 which works on my computer but when I did the system requirements lab on it, it said Fail on the Video Card Test below.

Video Card
Minimum: 64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (NVIDIA Geforce3+/ATI Radeon 7500+/Intel 915g)
You Have: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Controller)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - No

but FIFA 07 does work.

all other computer specs works fine.

any ideas?
Gordon Reid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

Flight Simulator X is a very graphic intense game. The minimum requirements, are usually barely good enough to just open the game. You also have integrated graphics built into your computer, which aren't as good as a graphics card. Anyways it says you need pixel shader 2.0 and you have 0.0. That is an important factor when playing games, so that is your problem. See in Fifa it doesn't say you need pixel shader. It looks like you have a laptop too which you can't upgrade the graphics in. Sorry about this. Maybe you could try flight simulator 2004?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

Yo, FS2004 is good enough for me, here's a shot of me bringing a Stearman into Watervliet Field Michigan..
I'd like X but the extra expense of upgrading my specs ain't really worth it.

Posted Image

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:30 AM

In fairness I should just add that FS2004 has a serious bug in the flight model, which maybe FSX doesn't have..
(For the record, the bug is to do with the rudder, it sometimes acts like an elevator under certain banked flight conditions. Bad.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users