Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Lan On Hp Pavilion Stopped Functioning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juggler

Juggler

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

I've searched the forums and tried the help and support topics on my laptop with no luck. I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

HP Pavilion
Windows XP
Browser: Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
Network Adapter: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
NOTE: No changes have been made to my hardware since purchase.

Yesterday my laptop decided to quit connecting wirelessly to the internet. I can still connect via the ethernet cord in the modem, but when I booted it up yesterday, a bubble popped up on the Quicklaunch bar stating that the WLAN is disconnected. Clicking on it brings up the HP Wireless Assistant window. It displays the Wireless LAN status as "Disabled".
I did the following:

1) Tried clicking "repair this connection". After trying it displayed "unable to connect to the network". Well duh...
2) Went into Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter. It shows as "Enabled".

From here I'm lost. Is there another way to manage the wireless program that I'm not finding?
Thanks ahead for any input.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Which HP Pavillion do you have?

I use vista, but with the wireless assistant, make sure to check that the "status" is "on". Seems like a stupid answer, but is often overlooked.

Another thing that is easy to miss is the light (blue for on) that lets you know if you are connected. This is an easy one to miss. The first thing I do is to either unplug my router for about 20 mins or so, or just pressing the reset button. My router must have 4 blue lights showing.

When in doubt - un-plug. Reboot. Plug-in.

I hope that this may have helped you in some way.

XP Professional FIrefox 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users