Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popup Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stegs

stegs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

I have come across a popup that keeps on telling me that i have a System error and it is at risk of infection. I click on the bubble and it takes me straight to a web site (VirusProtectPro) that says it can remove the problem no worries. But there is a catch, it's all fauls crap just to get money.I have run spybot serch and destroy,also macafee and they both have failed to rid my pc of this bug.Is there a way to do this with out spending loads of cash.I have thought of just running my recovery disc and starting with a fresh slate once i have backed up my presious files.

What do you think i should do??

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

Hey stegs and :thumbsup: to BC

Read the thread found here as it has instructions for VirusProtectPro's removal.

Also visit the New User Orientation Centre which will familarise you with the site and also check out the tutorials which have a lot of useful info.

Have a great day :flowers:

PS For future reference, please do not ask for help in this forum.
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

Welcome to BC!
Let us know how the removal went.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users