Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Ide Slot On Mobo, Need Workaround

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gypsyking

gypsyking

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

I just got a new motherboard and realized that I need to fit both a CD/DVD drive and also an IDE hard drive. The problem is, I only have one IDE slot on my motherboard. Is there anything I can do about this?

Also, if I move things around would I be able to hook up the CD/DVD drive as the slave and the hard drive as the master using a HDD cable that came with the motherboard, and be able to have them both work? The IDE drive has to be the master because it has the OS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

You can get a bootable IDE Controller card, or hook both up to the same cable. Hooking both to the same cable would slow down the machine.

check this item at newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16816115009
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users