Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XskullgobletX

XskullgobletX

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

I have just completed building my computer and everything powers up just fine exept for the DVD drive. When the IDE cable is plugged into the drive nothing happens but when it is not plugged in the drive will open and close like normal. When I plug my monitor nothing happens I figgure i just need to put in the windows disk but I cannot because of the above problem.

thanks for all the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

Is your hard drive on the same IDE? If so, did you set the jumpers so that the hard drive is master and the DVD slave? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 XskullgobletX

XskullgobletX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:18 AM

my hdd is sata and optical is ide.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

Make sure that the BLUE end of the ide cable is plugged in to the mainboard, and that the drive is set to master or cable select. Also, make sure the drive is plugged in to the END connector of the cable.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users