Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying New Computer!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

Aright so recently I decided that I just cant take it anymore... my computer is clogged with everyone elses stuff, is slow as all hell, and I just want a new one. So Im looking into buying a new one, the only thing is I dont know which one to buy. See I'm thinking of something in the Dell range, maybe a desktop. Another thing is I want a computer with a lot of memory and ram or at least a reasonable amount. Plus this computer has to be cost efficient : /. (Im thinking in the range of 700-800 dollars)

Can anyone help me out or tell me if theres any computer that fits this description or maybe comes close to it?
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Build your own! :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

For your price range, you may not be able to get more RAM than about 2-3GB. You don't need much more than that...yet. I also suggest getting a system which is easily upgradable. If you believe you have the skill, it's cheapest to build your own PC. If you do decide to go Dell, I suggest getting an XPS system or ordering from their small business department. This will get you US-based tech support. I got my computer from Velocity Micro, most of their computers are more expensive than Dell's but I find them far easier to deal with.

3939.png

#4 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Thanks guys! umdjbpace07, does velocity micro have a website i could go to?

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Yes, it's at www.velocitymicro.com.

3939.png

#6 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Ahh simple enough thanks lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users