Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Sounds

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Roman Clone

Roman Clone

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

My computer used to make these sounds a while ago but when I reformatted they were gone........ for a short while. Now they are back and it happens when I play certain games, talk on xfire, or watching You Tube videos.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi Roman Clone, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I don't know what the link to youtube is for, but with a dialup connection I'm not going there. Could you please describe what this noise sounds like and where it is coming from. There is an old mechanics trick that works well for isolating the sounds location, take a long handled wooden or plastic spoon, place the spoon end to you ear and touch the location that you think the sound is coming from. And no...you are not on candid camera.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

The Video shows you what the sounds...........well, sound like :D

Its a sound coming from the Speakers/headphones, Not Out of the Computer/HardWare.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

Where are your speaker wires? Are they next to your power cord(s)? Try relocating not only your speakers, but their wires too. Let us know if this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

I think its a Software/HardWare Problem, The Problem went away when I reformatted in June. But One Day, I was Just Playing Rome Total War, and then, they just started happening again.

PS. I just started getting major Lag, should I be Concerned?

Edited by Roman Clone, 08 August 2007 - 09:34 PM.

#6 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

What speakers are you using? What happens if you change them for headphones or other speakers ?

Are you using your motherboard's onboard soundcard or is it a separate soundcard in a PCI slot? Have you tried updating the drivers?

#7 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

No No And No. I'm Using A Creative Sound Card. Want my Specs:

Manufacturer:
Gateway
Processor:
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1534MB RAM
Hard Drive:
300 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [1040]
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

I think you have to pay to update your drivers. Damn Creative.

#8 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

If you go here and select your model you can download drivers: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

There are many different SB Audigy 2 ZS models so be sure to pick the right one.

Read over this. Lots of good suggestions.

Edited by mand0, 09 August 2007 - 08:18 AM.

#9 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:39 AM

I'll try that, but why is my computer also lagging?

#10 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

I'm sorry but it did not list my card.......... I don't think it's the driver, I have never had problems with my sound until I got my computer upgraded...... better yet.... ever since I got the internet on this computer

#11 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

What about all the suggestions in the 2nd link?

#12 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

Have you made sure the onboard sound card is disabled? This sound is normally made by interference from another device.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#13 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

What is the Exact model of your sound card? (SB Audioloy ZS ______) Creative has a new and improved overall (Audiology) driver that works wit hall the cards. Creative Drivers Check the plugs in the back of the card and see if they are loose or if the card is loose in the PCI Slot. It sounds to me like a short in your wires or connectors. Also perhaps running a Virus Scan and Malware Scan to see if you may have gotten a bug some where along the route here.

Posted Image

#14 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

Scanned with my 3 best, upgraded, programs. Nothing but stupid cookiees.

This can't be really a loose Sound Card, if it was, when I reformatted in June it wouldn't of went away.

Back In December I went and had my computer upgraded. I had my ram bumped up 1 gig. and my hard drive changed to a 300 Gig one. Then, In February I left my computer for a few minutes and when I came Back the screen was just black. I had to reformat and I didn't experience any problems till mid March. I accidentally downloaded a virus and more and more viruses came. Thats when the crackling sounds began. I also experienced those black screens when running heavy programs too long. I endured this torture until June 2, thats when I reformatted. It was nice to finally feel like the true power of my computer. But, One Day While Playing Rome Total War, they just came back.

Edited by Roman Clone, 10 August 2007 - 08:04 AM.

#15 Roman Clone

Roman Clone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Any Help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users