Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wi-fi Access Point (usb Connector) Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Polantaris

Polantaris

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

Hi. I recently purchased a Wi-Fi Connection Point that connects to your USB Ports. I installed the included drivers as well as the program that is supposed to go with it, ZDWLan. I cannot get it to work. It never recieves an IP Address. I've tried this site http://uk.codejunkies.com/support_article_...5&ProdId=26, which I believe is mentioned on another thread on these very forums. They include no assistance to this problem. The problem goes as follows:

I read the page seeing that it says I need to make the driver share the connection with my internet connection. The only thing under Network Connections (WinXP) That I can see that allows me to share is the driver for my Ethernet Card, so when I try to make it share, I get this error:
---------------------------
Network Connections
An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.

Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled.

A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address

that is required for automatic IP addressing.
OK

I then read at the bottom of the page, to try and disable the DHCP server. I did this, and still get the same error (but this time after a long pause).

I then tried disabling my card, making it share, then enabling it. It works, but then neither device has an IP address, and I cannot get one. (Limited or no connectivity)

I've tried anything and everything I can think of besides what that site says, and I cannot get any good results. Can someone assist me with this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

I have a few questions.
The modem is connected to the computer you have the Wireless Access Point plugged into?
What brand and model Wireless Access Point are you using?
Do you have a router in your LAN?
What is the make and model of your modem, and is it a cable or ADSL modem?

Edited by acklan, 07 August 2007 - 12:39 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Polantaris

Polantaris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

My modem connects to my router, which then connects to every computer in my home.
The device is Sagem XG-760N
My Modem is a Comcast Model, im not sure what Model it is though, it doesnt really say, but its Cable.

I looked at the device, and see a MAC address, I'm going to try adding it as its own IP on my router, ill see if it has any effect.

Edit: Its APPARENTLY connected after I set its IP address and Subnet Mask manually using the Router IP address that I assigned for it, but I cannot connect using my DS or PSP. They detect it when I search for a connection, but it never actually connects when I test.

Edited by Polantaris, 08 August 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#4 Polantaris

Polantaris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Hello? Any help on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users