Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Afternoon!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brattcats

brattcats

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

My system crashed after the grandchildren played on it. When I reinstalled the software I lost my sound. :thumbsup:
I have an E-Machine and Windows XP Home Edition. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Kat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

Did you reinstall the audio drivers for your machine, when you reinstalled the software after the crash?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 brattcats

brattcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

I thought I did! I went to the emachines web site and downloaded the audio drivers and nada!
I dont know what to do!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your sound card from the device manager in control panel?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

Check the Device Manager to see if there are any devices showing up that do not appear to have the drivers installed.

| Start >> Run >> devmgmt.msc | (this one goes straight to the Device Manager node)

-OR-

| Start >> right-click My Computer >> Manage | (this one goes to the Computer Management console)

You will want to ensure that you are working with the Device Manager node if you use the Computer Management console.

Any devices for which you have hardware with no associated driver will appear with a yellow circle containing a white question mark. There may not be anything initially when you open the console, so run a scan for hardware changes.

| right-click the Local Machine icon at the top of the tree in the right hand pane >> Scan for hardware changes |

-OR-

| highlight the Local Machine icon >> click Actions >> Scan for hardware changes |

Again you're looking for hardware devices with the yellow circle containing a white question mark. Most likely you will see an item pop-up indicated as "PCI Device" - this is probably your audio card for which there are no drivers installed.

If you scroll down to the Sound, video and game controllers node of the hardware tree. You should see the following items in the list by default:
| Audio codecs
| Legacy audio drivers
| Legacy video capture drivers
| Media control devices
| Video codecs

There should be one more item in the list which indicates your audio card. Assuming you don't see any "PCI Device" with the yellow circle.

Another place you can check to see if the drivers are installed for your audio device is Sounds and Audio Devices applet in the Control Panel.

| Start >> Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices |

When you open the applet, the first tab is the Volume tab. If you have a sound card installed with the appropriate drivers, you should see the make and model of your audio card. If there are no audio drivers installed for your audio card, then it will indicate "there are no audio devices installed".

Hope this helps!

Edited by Cyb3r_Ninj@, 04 December 2007 - 08:00 PM.

Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#6 savz2

savz2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

hi I went to this site (rpg) and then regestered and then i went on the forums and the admin gave me a solution for this problem quite kind the site was :http://www.roguevampires.net/register.php?code=10935

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users