Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 blueraider

blueraider

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

I got a laptop with vista, how do in incorporate my work email along with my regular email

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueraider

blueraider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

It also uses windows mail, not sure different it is from outlook

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

Windows Mail is the new, improved :huh: version of Outlook Express and works pretty similar to it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Windows Mail does not allow you to have two different email accounts under the same user. You will have to log in as a different user to get access to another email account in Vista. It's such a pain... try using Thunderbird instead.

#5 Misha77

Misha77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

Thanks, blue for posting this for me since I was busy trying to figure out this email.

Anyway, believe me, I've tried everything like Thunderbird and even Windows Live Mail Beta, nothing ever works. I've asked others if it is possible to have two email addresses in this Windows Mail in my laptop like I'm able to use that similiar on my desktop PC that really works just fine. They said that should work. But nothing is working. That is very frustrating since this laptop is for my work that I have to go on the road more often.

Actually I'm tempted to rip Vista off and put in XP but I don't have XP software at all since my desktop PC already had preinstalled XP while this laptop has a preinstalled Vista. So I'm stuck until I see my boss who happens to be a computer whiz to help me figure that out.

*sighs*

#6 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Windows Mail does not allow you to have two different email accounts under the same user. You will have to log in as a different user to get access to another email account in Vista. It's such a pain... try using Thunderbird instead.

What do you mean by "email accounts"? I have 5 different email accounts under one user in Vista's Windows Mail.

#7 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

From the wiki: "Unlike Outlook Express, Windows Mail does not allow users to switch Identities or manage multiple identities within one running instance of the program. Instead, identities are now tied to the user account and to create additional users or identities, a new user account has to be created."

I don't think that's true of Microsoft Outlook.

Edited by mand0, 11 August 2007 - 04:02 PM.

#8 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

From the wiki: "Unlike Outlook Express, Windows Mail does not allow users to switch Identities or manage multiple identities within one running instance of the program. Instead, identities are now tied to the user account and to create additional users or identities, a new user account has to be created."

I don't think that's true of Microsoft Outlook.

Ah, I see. I never saw the real need for the "Indentities". If more than one person is using computer you can just use "UserIDs" instead. Each person has his/her sign on.

#9 Misha77

Misha77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

What do you mean by "email accounts"? I have 5 different email accounts under one user in Vista's Windows Mail.

So tell me how did you do that five different email accounts?!? I suspected and knew that would work in Windows Mail but something must have stopped me because it kept asking for my username and password. Now what?

#10 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

So tell me how did you do that five different email accounts?!? I suspected and knew that would work in Windows Mail but something must have stopped me because it kept asking for my username and password. Now what?

When in Windows Mail, click on "Tools" then "Accounts". This will let you set up as many email accounts (one at a time) that you have. Hope this answered your question or that I understood it :huh:

#11 Misha77

Misha77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

When in Windows Mail, click on "Tools" then "Accounts". This will let you set up as many email accounts (one at a time) that you have. Hope this answered your question or that I understood it :huh:

I already did that par countless times for a weekt but one thing stopped me is username and password popping up!

Edited by Misha77, 11 August 2007 - 06:11 PM.

#12 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I already did that par countless times for a weekt but one thing stopped me is username and password popping up!

If I understand you correctly, The username and password is for each email. For instance, I have comcast. I have 5 email addresses. each has it's own password and username which I assigned to them when I created them. It will depend on how your ISP handles email addresses (do they assign them or can you)? Are we getting closer to answer :huh:

#13 Misha77

Misha77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Closer.....one is assigned by my own ISP but other is assigned by my work even though STMP is my ISP's outgoing mail. I don't need my ISP's name and password which is already set but for my work email is other hand which I still have name and password on my piece of paper from work, NO LUCK!

Looks like I may have to contact my work to get to the bottom of that issue if it has nothing to do with Windows Mail issue. :huh:

#14 jjthenovice

jjthenovice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

Closer.....one is assigned by my own ISP but other is assigned by my work even though STMP is my ISP's outgoing mail. I don't need my ISP's name and password which is already set but for my work email is other hand which I still have name and password on my piece of paper from work, NO LUCK!

Looks like I may have to contact my work to get to the bottom of that issue if it has nothing to do with Windows Mail issue. :huh:

You may or may not be able to use your work's email on your IPS. Your work may have a firewall around their servers. In other words you'd have to be physically connected to their network. Alot of companys allow you to receive your email from their servers but don't allow outgoing unless you're physically on their network.

#15 Misha77

Misha77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

You may or may not be able to use your work's email on your IPS. Your work may have a firewall around their servers. In other words you'd have to be physically connected to their network. Alot of companys allow you to receive your email from their servers but don't allow outgoing unless you're physically on their network.

Really? Dang....still, I'd make sure to ask my boss about what you've just mentioned and will report back to you if that can be configured or not. We'll see....

Anyway, thanks. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users