Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem On My Windows2000 Comp

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

Im infected by the rond.starsdoor pop-up. I haven't done all the pre-instructions before doing hijack this log because im confused. the first step was to run "cleamngr" and delete temporary internet files. It takes a really long time to scan,so can i just go to internet options and click delte cookies/history/temporary files?
Also, when I search things on my google web browser, an "internet speed monitor" side bar pops up. Im pretty sure thats bad too.
Im jus really annoyed. Please help. I'll run ad-aware, spy-bot, mcafee stinger as soon as someone can give me some comments and help. Also, whats better to use? - housecall anti virus? panda anti virus? or bit defender?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

Yes, you can delete the temporary files manually.
I prefer Bit Defender.
Another excellent program to scan with is Super Antispyware.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

Bit defender. On superantispyware, run the complete system scan.

Edited by oldf@rt, 06 August 2007 - 01:05 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

thx, i'll try it bit defender

does any one have any help about my problem with my google browser, b/c whenever i search for something a "internet speed monitor" side bar pops up, its kinda like advertisement

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

See the info in the link below for removing the side bar. That won't solve your main problem though. From what I have seen on the web you are going to need help from the Hijack This team. You need to post your log.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6132_102-0.htm...ssageID=2555104
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

thx buddy, i'll try it

i also realized i have something called "outerinfo" installed, i have no idea what it is, but from what i search , theyre pop-ups

i have no idea how all this stuff got on my computer, and im just really mad

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

If you have Outerinfo on your computer,
look in your add/remove program for any thing with "Oin" in it. Example list below.
Oin
Yazzle by Oin
Purityscan by Oin
Snowballwars by Oin
or anything similar with Oin or Outerinfo in it.
Zolero
Tizzletalk
MediaTickets

Link Below has removal instructions:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remo...IN-t134763.html

#8 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

o yea, i went there, but that was really long instruction explaining how to remove it

is all of that really necessary to remove outer info???

also, all i found was a "outerinfo" in my add/remove program, the others weren't there

should i remove the thing that reads "outerinfo"?

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

Yes, if you want to attempt to remove Outerinfo, follow those instructions. Yes, remove the Outerinfo from Add/Remove.
Just keep in mind that the more you are online with the infected computer, the more malware you are going to pick up until you get clean.

#10 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

k, thx

i removed the "outerinfo" program, i dont see it in my program files or start menu ne more, but i should still assume it's still somewhere in my comp right?

also, i noticed a new folder called "InetGet2" and inside is a file called "popinstall" is that something bad like malware?? it was there with "internet speed monitor" folder but I jus noticed it now

i'll follow those instructions to remove "outerinfo" asap

Edited by s2pids2pid, 06 August 2007 - 04:48 PM.

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

At the top of the page for Removing Outerinfo is this WARNING
"QUOTE
Outerinfo is now being installed with other nasty malware that this procedure may not fix, so after following it I strongly suggest you post your HiJackThis log as well as the other logs on the forum and we'll clean up the rest of it."
You have a lot of malware and you need to get the Hijack This log posted after following the instructions.

#12 s2pids2pid

s2pids2pid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

o yea, i forgot that part
thx again, buddy, u're really helpful!

again, does anyone have any knowledge about the folder "InetGet2" and inside his a file called "popinstall"

secnod question, is there any relationship between rond.starsdoor and outerinfo? cause it seems like after i removed the outerinfo file, the rond.starsdoor pop-ups stopped

note: i havent followed the instructions yet

#13 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

More malware/ripoffware. continue with the instructions, please.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users