Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visual Verification Not Showing For Comodo Board Reg.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to register at the Comodo message board, and to do so, you need to type in the letters/numbers from a Visual Verification:

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=register

But for me, where the picture should be, it just says: "Type the letters shown in the picture"

Could this have something to do with the fact that I uninstalled Java a long time ago on my laptop (because I couldn't get any straight answers about whether it needed to be updated and I never used it as far as I knew)?

If so, should I install Java again? And where would I download it from?

If not, any idea why the image isn't showing up? I don't know how to register without it...

Thanks! :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

Hi bloomcounty.
Which browser are you using?
I don't have java installed on this system and it appears ok. It's a simple .gif image.
Do you see the alternate options of "listen to letters" & "request another image"?

#3 bloomcounty

bloomcounty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Which browser are you using?
I don't have java installed on this system and it appears ok. It's a simple .gif image.
Do you see the alternate options of "listen to letters" & "request another image"?

Whoops -- sorry. I forgot to list my browser. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.6 (and it was doing the same thing with 2.0.0.5 before I updated).

I do see those two alternate options. But when I choose "listen to letter" a pop up window opens and says that the server is taking too long, so that doesn't work. And wen I choose "request another image" it reloads like it's doing that, but it just says "Type the letters shown in the picture" again where the image should be.

But it's weird because when I right-click on "Type the letters shown in the picture", it acts like it's an image (you can choose "view image" and "copy image" etc. -- and if I try viewing image, I get "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" error message in Firefox.

And I use Earthlink (in case it's possible it's some weird Earthlink thing)...

What should I do? Thanks! :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

#4 bloomcounty

bloomcounty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

D'oh! You have to have cookies on for it to show up. Working now! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users